1- What lessons have I learned from my divorce?
2 - What lessons have I learned about marriage?
So today I am going to start with part one of the question.
Lessons Learned from my Divorce
1. Being lonely is better then being miserable together. I had many times in my marriage I just felt so miserable. Even though being lonely is horrible it is better then feeling hopeless in my marriage.
2. Today's test is tomorrows testimony. I truly feel I had learned so much from the past years experiences and am grateful for the things I have learned.
3. Everyone has pain in their lives. I'd rather inspire others then dwell on my own pain. Especially though this blog and all the wonderful emails I have received of people sharing their stories with me. There are so many are in need of love and support. I am so humbled that so many people are able to relate to my experiences and understand the pain I went through.
4. Divorce gave me the motivation for personal growth and change in my own life. My divorce really made me take a look at my own life and see what need to change and be fixed. I feel like I am a different person today then 12 months ago. Personally I am proud of myself and the changes I have made.
5. Just because I asked for the divorce didn't make it easier. People ask me all the time why the divorce was so hard even though I was the one who eventually asked for the divorce. I never wanted a divorce and unless you have been through one do you know how hard it is.
6. Gratitude. I really learned about gratitude. I am so thankful for everything that has been given to me. I truly see Heavenly Fathers hand in my life everyday.
7.Who really care about me. It was amazing to see the people who stepped up to help me when I was going through this trial. I am was also shocked to see people who I thought were my friends disappear.
8. Not to care what people think. I was really concerned about what people would think of me. I married at the young age of 19 and then divorced three years later. At one point I had to stop worry about other people and just worry about me and what was best for my life. I was judged by a lot for my decisions but it really doesn't matter what anyone else thinks. All that matters is how I feel about it.
9. Self Worth. I can't put into words how low I felt about myself. Someone said to me at one point that it was too bad that I was "Used Goods" now. I was so hurt. I felt like dirt. It took time but I know I am worth a whole lot more then just dirt.
10. I am stronger then I thought possible. I am grateful for this challenge in my life. I am much happier then ever before. I am a strong woman and I know how to stand on my own two feet. I feel like I can take anything on. I know I will have other trials in my life but I know I can make it though anything.
Tomorrow look for Part Two:
Lessons Learned about Marriage
Please share this post on Facebook, Twitter or on Pinterest if you know anyone who would benefit from reading. My purpose in writing is to inspire people and the only way I can do that is with your help by sharing my blog with others.
Thank You for your Support!